Frequently Asked Questions
- What kinds of market data are available with Trade Navigator?
- Does Trade Navigator work on all markets?
- Do I have access to data on foreign stocks?
- Do you offer Forex and Futures Data?
- Will I have access to historical data with Trade Navigator Gold?
- Will I have access to historical data with Trade Navigator Platinum?
- What are the methods for paying for market data?
- What are the major differences between Trade Navigator platforms?
- Does the Trade Navigator software carry a yearly fee?
- Can I use Trade Navigator on two computers?
- What kind of education is available?
- Is there a money back guarantee?
- Can I practice with a simulated trading account?
- Is there an easy way to trade from the charts using Trade Navigator?
- How do I activate live trading?
- How do I recover lost login information?
- How do I place an order if my platform is down or I do not have access to Trade Navigator?
- How do I confirm I am on the most recent version of Trade Navigator?
- How do I uninstall Trade Navigator?
- What types of payment methods are available?
- How do I save an arrangement of windows and charts as a Trade Navigator page?
- How do I find a list of symbols?
- What are the system requirements for Trade Navigator?
- Is Trade Navigator compatible with a MAC?
- How do I know when I am connected to the data feed?
- Why am I getting an error message when I try to download end of day data?
- Is there a training manual for Trade Navigator?
- Can I install Trade Navigator from the web?
- Can I login to more than one brokerage account at one time?
- How do I view working and filled orders?
- Who do I contact if I have a problem with Trade Navigator?
- What is the difference between Genesis Financial Technologies and Trade Navigator?
What kinds of market data are available with Trade Navigator?
Trade Navigator operates with three basic types of market data:
- End of Day Data - Stocks, Futures, Options and Indices
- Streaming Data - Stocks, Futures, Options and Indices - approximately 10 minutes delayed
- Real Time Data - Stocks, Futures, Options and Indices – exchange provided
Does Trade Navigator work on all markets?
Trade Navigator works in the following Markets:
- Currency (Forex)
Do I have access to data on foreign stocks?
Trade Navigator offers data on many foreign stocks. Most of our foreign stocks come as End of Day data. We offer:
- Canadian Stocks
- Australian Stocks
- UK Stocks
- German Stocks (Xetra)
- Japanese Stocks (Tokyo & Osaka)
- Singapore Stocks
- Italian stocks (Milan)
- Indian Stocks (BSE & NSE)
- South African Stocks (Johannesburg)
- Thai Stocks
- Polish Stocks (Warsaw)
Do you offer Forex and Futures Data?
We provide data for all US Futures markets along with the European Exchange (Eurex) and Australian Futures. We also provide data for over 80 different Forex pairs.
Will I have access to historical data with Trade Navigator Gold?
Trade Navigator Gold offers 30 years of end of day historical data, along with one year of intraday historical data.
Will I have access to historical data with Trade Navigator Platinum?
Trade Navigator Platinum offers 30 years of end of day historical data, along with over 20 years of historical intraday data.
An additional historical data package is available from Genesis Financial Technologies at (800) 808-3282 / (719) 884-0244.
Additional Historical Data Includes:
- Futures tick data from 1968-present
- 10 years of stock data
- 12 years of forex data
What are the methods for paying for market data?
Market data subscriptions are purchased via credit card with two frequency options:
- Annually (Discounted price for annual pre-pay)
What are the major differences between Trade Navigator platforms?
- Silver – Basic charting / trading platform
- Gold - Silver plus the ability to run 3rd party libraries and strategies along with advanced charting capabilities
- Platinum - Gold plus the ability to create and backtest strategies along with money management capabilities
Does Trade Navigator software carry a yearly fee?
Trade Navigator software (Silver, Gold, Platinum) is a one-time software purchase. All software upgrades or updates are free for the life of the product.
Can I use Trade Navigator on two computers?
Trade Navigator is available to work on two computers. End of day data packages offers the second machine access at a 50% discount. Streaming and Real Time data packages offer you a second computer at no additional cost.
Streaming and Real Time data packages can only be run on one machine at a time. The second machine can run End of Day data charts while the first machine is running Streaming Real Time data.
What kind of education is available?
You are the purpose of our business, and our constant mission is to provide you with thorough and timely education and assistance. Please take advantage of our free educational products and services.
- Free one-on-one coaching sessions. From getting started to strategy creation and backtesting, our coaching staff is dedicated to helping you. Schedule a one hour coaching session with a coach today via email: email@example.com or by calling (719) 884-0244. Our coaching staff has hours on Monday and then Wednesday through Saturday. (Hours vary by appointment)
- Technical Support Representatives are also available to assist you via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (719) 884-0245 with extended hours Monday – Friday 6:00 A.M. – 7:00 P.M. (MST).
- Live Webinars and training sessions are available each week on a variety of topics. Click Here to view a calendar of upcoming webinar training events.
- On-Demand Training Videos are available for your review on a variety of topics, from beginner to advanced. Click Here to view our On-Demand Training Videos.
Is there a money back guarantee?
Our mission over the last two decades has been to offer the best data and charting/trading products on the market. We guarantee that you will be satisfied with every product you purchase. We offer a 30-day money back guarantee, which begins at the time you first download the software.
Can I practice with a simulated trading account?
Trade Navigator offers a built in simulated trading account, with the ability to create multiple simulated accounts.
Is there an easy way to trade from the charts using Trade Navigator?
Trade Navigator provides two methods for trading via a connected brokerage firm:
- An order bar is provided as a part of each chart and offers a variety of order entry/exit options from basic to advanced.
- A Price Ladder or DOM is also available for order execution.
How do I activate live trading?
After you have an open funded trading account with a Trade Navigator broker partner, contact us by calling (719) 884-0244 to add the broker to your Trade Navigator software.
How do I recover lost login information?
Contact our Customer Support team to recover your information by calling (719) 884-0244.
How do I place an order if my platform is down or I do not have access to Trade Navigator?
If you experience a technical issue and you have active orders or positions, contact your broker first to confirm your position in the market. Following confirmation of order and position status, please contact our Technical Support Team via email: Support@tradenavigator.com or by calling (719) 884-0245.
How do I confirm I am on the most recent version of Trade Navigator?
The Help and About menus will provide details on your current Trade Navigator version. To upgrade to a newer version, click on the blue phone. Select Download Special File and Upgrade will display. Click Start and follow the prompts. You should re-import when prompted. You may upgrade as often as you choose.
How do I uninstall Trade Navigator?
To uninstall, remove the program from your computer’s Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs. Next, delete the Genesis folder.
What types of payment methods are available?
Purchases can be made by check, paypal or with any of the following credit cards: AMEX, Master Card, Visa, Discover Card.
How do I save an arrangement of windows and charts as a Trade Navigator page?
Pages are an advanced feature, not available in all versions. Select the Page icon and click Save Chart Page. You will then be prompted to name the page. Click Save after naming the page.
How do I find a list of symbols?
Display the Symbol Selector by clicking on a blank area of your chart, then pressing the “S” key on your keyboard. Use the Contains and Begins With filtering boxes to quickly locate symbols.
What are the system requirements for Trade Navigator?
Click Here to view system requirements.
Is Trade Navigator compatible with a MAC?
While Trade Navigator is a Windows based software, Mac and iPad users can access one of our NVS in order to utilize Trade Navigator.
How do I know when I am connected to the data feed?
The traffic light icon on the top left side of your trading screen will be green when you are connected to the data stream.
Why am I getting an error message when I try to download end of day data?
Files Do Not Exist: This message is displayed when you attempt to download end of day data before it is ready. End of day updates are available at 4:30 P.M. MST.
Could Not Connect: This message is typically displayed when a virus protection program or firewall setting prevents the download. Please check your virus and firewall settings to confirm Trade Navigator has been excluded from blocked programs. For more assistance, please contact Technical Support by calling (719) 884-0245.
Is there a training manual for Trade Navigator?
From Trade Navigator, click on Help and Trade Navigator Manuals. You may also access training manuals via our website under the Education tab or by clicking HERE.
Can I install Trade Navigator from the web?
Yes. Install the platform by clicking HERE. After the download is complete, you will be prompted to enter a customer ID and password to complete the installation process. Contact Technical Support for assistance by calling (719) 884-0245.
Can I login to more than one brokerage account at one time?
Trade Navigator will allow you to log into multiple brokerage accounts at one time. However, you are not able to have simultaneous log ins to multiple accounts with the same brokerage.
How do I view working and filled orders?
Select View from the menu of options at the top of the trading platform and click on Trade Console. The Working Orders tab displays open orders, while the Tracking button will allow you to view all orders and trades.
Who do I contact if I have a problem with Trade Navigator?
Contact Technical Support via email: Support@tradenavigator.com or by calling (719) 884-0245. Technical support services are always offered as a courtesy to our customers. Technical Support Representatives have remote assistance, which allows for hands-on assistance with any issue you may have.
What is the difference between Genesis Financial Technologies and Trade Navigator?
Genesis Financial Technologies has been a leader in providing data, charting and trading products for more than 20 years. Our flagship product, Trade Navigator, continues to evolve to meet the demands of traders and ever changing market conditions.